For most people, the purpose of a foot race is crossing the finish line. This is a tremendous thing. But why stop there? Why not expand human potential by giving each person the opportunity to do MORE good, compounding the effects long after race day?
The graphic represents the Animal Run ethos; the ethos of a community creating a halo of positive impact.
The first four inner circles, significant forms of energy, are achieved just by showing up on race day. The three outer circles are optional, require more effort, but multiply the effects of creating a better, more loving and sustainable world.
This is our community. Thank you for being a part of Animal Run!
Eileen Francisco is a vegan, long distance runner and race director. She’s a Bay Area native and ex-Peace Corps Volunteer. While traveling, she notices the hungry and homeless animals on the street and has always wanted to do something to alleviate animal suffering. Through her desire to help animals and the environment and with the incredible support of family, friends and the amazing running community, the Animal Run was born. Eileen enjoys making new friends on the trails and very much looks forward to meeting you.
Victor Ballesteros is proud to support Animal Run. A long-time competitive trail runner, his exploits and adventures have led to the creation of Victory Sportdesign, makers of Victory Bags, the super-organized and functional all-purpose gear bags. When that’s not happening, he and his four legged teammate Lucy are racing fast and taking names!
Greg Lanctot is Race Director for Pacific Coast Trail Runs. He was also President and Race Director for the USTAF Champion Quicksilver Running Club and Quicksilver 100k/50K Endurance Runs. Greg recently retired as a youth fitness and autism lifestyle expert, working with many at-risk communities to start youth sports programming and other lifestyle activities. He brings unlimited passion and wealth of event production and outreach experience to the Animal Run Board.
A better, more loving and sustainable world
Animal Run provides fundraiser events showcasing outdoor exercise, animal kindness and environmental awareness.
- Provide an eco-friendly event emphasizing fun, photos and vegan food while minimizing “stuff” such as swag and single use plastic
- Provide a professional event for runners to enjoy accurate, clearly marked courses and professional timing services (when possible)
- Respect and leverage team opinions always
- Raise funds for animal welfare organizations, helping them save the lives of, find homes for, heal and comfort animal residents in need
- Encourage runners to support vegan and eco-friendly businesses that, in turn, support social justice and a thriving world
- Keep Animal Run financially solvent
- Hold one main annual fundraiser race per year and increase runner base YOY
- Hold at least one annual educational meet-up to go over the environmental benefits of veganism, running adventures and improving Animal Run to better serve the community
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Animal Run does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Animal Run is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.