FOUNDER – Eileen Francisco is a vegan, long distance runner who has directed races for Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary. She’s a Bay Area native and ex-Peace Corps Volunteer. While traveling, she notices the hungry and homeless animals on the street and has always wanted to do something to alleviate animal suffering. Through her desire to help animals and the environment and with the incredible support of family, friends and the amazing running community, the Animal Run was born. Eileen makes a living as a digital marketer and lives in Silicon Valley. She enjoys making new friends on the trails and very much looks forward to meeting you.
DIRECTOR – Victor Ballesteros is proud to support Animal Run. A long-time competitive trail runner, his exploits and adventures have led to the creation of Victory Sportdesign, makers of Victory Bags, the super-organized and functional all-purpose gear bags. When that’s not happening, he and his four legged teammate Lucy are racing fast and taking names!
DIRECTOR – Greg Lanctot is Race Director for Pacific Coast Trail Runs. He was also President and Race Director for the USTAF Champion Quicksilver Running Club and Quicksilver 100k/50K Endurance Runs. Greg recently retired as a youth fitness and autism lifestyle expert, working with many at-risk communities to start youth sports programming and other lifestyle activities. He brings unlimited passion and wealth of event production and outreach experience to the Animal Run Board.
Vision and Values
- Encourage compassionate environmentalism through running
- Provide an eco-friendly “green” event emphasizing fun, photos and food while eliminating stuff such as landfill swag and single use plastic
- Provide a professional event for runners to enjoy accurate, clearly marked courses and professional timing services (when possible)
- Achieve long-term sustainability and spread our mission through nationwide race redundancy
- Respect and leverage team opinions always
Animal Run’s 100% plant-fueled foot races raise funds for animal welfare organizations, helping them save the lives of, find homes for, heal and comfort animal residents in need. Animal Run also helps runners see that supporting plant-based events and businesses promotes human health and a healthier world.